Here are 6 things you can do to help keep your account safe:
- Protect your password:
Don’t use your Facebook password anywhere else online.
Never share your password. You should be the only one who knows it.
Avoid including your name or common words. Your password should be difficult to guess.
- Use our extra security features.
- Make sure your email account(s) are secure.
- Log out of Facebook when you use a computer you share with other people. If you forget, you can log out remotely.
- Run anti-virus software on your computer:
- Think before you click or download anything.